We are a Network manager for a McDonald restaurant. There are 8 employees with computers, 2 cash registers and a WiFi Network. The restaurant has a capability of 90 customers.
Our task is to create a DHCP server for this environment
- Must be named McDonald
- Must have 100 addresses available
- 30 minutes leases. Clients need premium to use over 30 minutes,
- Create exclusion rules inside the pool for our staff and registers
- Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1
- DNS : 192.168.1.10
Configure reservation rules for the following hosts:
- CAISSE-3215 :44-61-55-6C-5A-77 IP address: 192.168.1.29
- CAISSE-SERVICE-AU-VOLANT : A9-63-1B-38-8E-58 IP address: 192.168.1.30
- The server must be named server and will host the pool
- Create a client machine named client. Must be connected to the domain osullivan.local. We will use this machine to test the DHCP pool and the DNS lookup.
First step is to create our server machine and our client machine. For this exercise we will use windows server 2019 and Windows 10 Pro Education as our client.
Ok, now we want to configure our Ethernet settings on our server
Now we want to add our AD DNS and DHCP roles
Now time to setup DHCP as requested in the scenario.
Finally activate the scope. Now it’s time to add the reservation rules for the registers.
Now we can proceed with the client configuration. This will simulate a client joining and we will test the DHCP and DNS functions.
Once installed, connect to your client machine. At this point you should see the server has assigned an IP address to this client machine.
If we refresh the Addresses Leases in our server we can see the name of the client is successfully changed and our expiration is effective.
Now one last step to try out the DNS.